Alabama vs. San Diego State Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
Friday's contest features the Alabama Crimson Tide (31-5) and the San Diego State Aztecs (29-6) matching up at KFC Yum! Center (on March 24) at 6:30 PM. This matchup, according to our computer prediction, will result in a 74-69 victory for Alabama.
Based on our computer prediction, San Diego State projects to cover the 7.5-point spread in its matchup versus Alabama. The total is currently listed at 137.5, and the two teams are projected to exceed it.
Alabama vs. San Diego State Game Info & Odds
- Date: Friday, March 24, 2023
- Time: 6:30 PM ET
- TV: TBS
- Where: Louisville, Kentucky
- Venue: KFC Yum! Center
- Line: Alabama -7.5
- Point Total: 137.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Alabama -350, San Diego State +280
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Alabama vs. San Diego State Score Prediction
- Prediction: Alabama 74, San Diego State 69
Spread & Total Prediction for Alabama vs. San Diego State
- Pick ATS:
San Diego State (+7.5)
- Pick OU:
Alabama is 21-12-0 against the spread this season compared to San Diego State's 17-15-0 ATS record. In terms of hitting the over, games involving the Crimson Tide are 15-18-0 and the Aztecs are 13-19-0. The teams score 154.2 points per game, 16.7 more points than this matchup's total. Alabama has a 5-5 record against the spread while going 9-1 overall over the past 10 contests. San Diego State has gone 6-4 against the spread and 9-1 overall in its last 10 games.
Put your picks to the test and bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Alabama Performance Insights
- The Crimson Tide are outscoring opponents by 14.1 points per game with a +508 scoring differential overall. They put up 82.3 points per game (fifth in college basketball) and give up 68.2 per outing (122nd in college basketball).
- The 40.9 rebounds per game Alabama averages rank first in the country, and are 8.1 more than the 32.8 its opponents pull down per outing.
- Alabama makes 10.1 three-pointers per game (ninth-most in college basketball) while shooting 34.1% from beyond the arc (178th in college basketball). It is making 4.7 more threes per outing than its opponents, who drain 5.4 per game while shooting 28.1%.
- The Crimson Tide rank 81st in college basketball with 97.5 points scored per 100 possessions, and fifth in college basketball defensively with 80.8 points conceded per 100 possessions.
- Alabama loses the turnover battle by 2.0 per game, committing 13.3 (311th in college basketball) while its opponents average 11.3.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.