TROY, Ala. (TROY) -- Football gameday at The Vet is back on Saturday when Troy plays host to Campbell to open the 2019 season. Each year Troy Athletics looks to find ways to enhance the fan experience in addition to providing a safe gameday environment. Below is a breakdown of what fans can expect at The Vet this season.
Stadium Enhancements and Amenities
• A new playing surface was installed at The Vet over the summer to not only enhance player safety and performance, but also provide fans with a beautiful setting to watch the game. Cardinal end zones return to The Vet for the first time since 2011 and the turf features alternating shades of green and emoji swords to mark the kickoff locations.
• Four misting fans will be strategically located throughout the concourses of The Vet on gameday to provide cooling stations for guests looking to beat the heat. Each of the two main concourses (East & West) will feature two of the fans.
• In collaboration with Sodexo, Troy Athletics is proud to offer three new premium food offerings throughout The Vet for the 2019 season.
► OneTROY Ice Cream Cone (South Concourse - Stand 4) featuring a waffle cone filled with warm apple pie and vanilla ice cream topped with chocolate syrup and whipped cream.
► Firecracker Chicken (East Concourse - Stand 6) featuring crispy chicken tossed in General Tso's sauce served with fresh broccoli.
► Trojan Footlong Hot Dog (West Concourse - Stand 2) topped with your choice of chili, sauerkraut or spicy Trojan relish
► Momma G's Nachos & Sandwiches (West Concourse - Stand 3)
► Conecuh Dogs (East Concourse - Stand 5)
• Additional concession enhancements include updated signage at all concession stands to help speed up purchasing flow and additional points of sale at each stand to ease with the process for fans.
• Fans with seats in the North End Zone will be treated to an updated beer menu this season featuring Stella Artois, Michelob Ultra, Budweiser, Bud Light, Shock Top, Bud Light Orange, Bud Light Lime, 30A Beach Blonde and spiked seltzers.
• For the first time, fans will now be able to purchase reserved seats on gameday at the many different point of sale locations around The Vet.
• Reserved seats in the stadium have been updated with new seat numbers to help fans locate their correct seat to enjoy the game.
• The state-of-the-art sound system in The Vet has been recalibrated to better enhance the fan experience.
• One lucky fan will have a chance to win a free Jeep Cherokee each week from Premier Dodge if Troy returns its opening kickoff for a touchdown (either start of game or start of second half).
Pregame Festivities, Trojan Walk, Parking & Traffic
• Trojan Walk will now begin two (2) hours prior to kickoff in Tailgate Terrace. Join your fellow Trojan faithful, the Troy Cheerleaders and South of the South welcome the team to The Vet each week.
• George Wallace Drive will CLOSE two (2) hours prior to kickoff until one (1) hour after the completion of the game from International Blvd. (traffic light at Charles Henderson High School) to Johnny Long Drive.
► Fans with access to National Guard Armory Lot and North End Zone Lot will be granted access to those lots within the two-hour closure with the proper parking pass. ALL traffic to those lots MUST enter from the north end of George Wallace Drive – from Downtown/Elm Street not Highway 231.
• The Troy Sports Radio Network Pregame Show has a new location for the 2019 season. "Voice of the Trojans" Barry McKnight along with game analyst Jerry Miller and sideline reporter Junior Louissaint will broadcast the pregame show from the patio area of the Troy Barnes & Noble Bookstore each week beginning two (2) hours prior to kickoff. Stop by to hear insight from the crew on the day's matchup and snag the latest Troy gear from the bookstore.
• The Troy Pregame Tailgate Concert Series is back for another year in Tailgate Terrace with Gabe Meredith kicking this season off on Saturday.
• The Kids Zone also returns in the outfield of Riddle-Pace Field featuring free inflatables.