School officials believe carbon monoxide exposure occurred off campus

By  | 

New Brockton (WTVY)-- New Brockton schools are closed Friday after several students apparently became sick from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Eight received treatment at an Enterprise hospital Thursday for symptoms that include headache, dizziness, and nausea.

School officials say inspections failed to detect carbon monoxide on campus. They believe exposure likely occurred elsewhere.

“We have invited the Alabama Department of Public Safety to help us complete interviews with students and parents to see if we can find a commonality,” the school system said in a statement.

Not included in that statement is the students condition.