New Brockton (WTVY)-- Coffee County school officials are still perplexed about why eight students had to seek medical treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning.
Three tests conducted at New Brockton High School indicates no presence of carbon monoxide.
Results of an overnight inspection were negative. (Friday) morning, we were assisted by additional agencies in the search for answers to why our students developed these symptoms. After another thorough inspection of the school and buses,no indication of carbon monoxide was detected or any other gases that could be harmful,” the Coffee County Superintendent's Office said in a statement.
Investigators are trying to figure out what those eight cases have in common.
The school system has not revealed conditions of those who became sick though none are believed to be seriously ill.
That campus and New Brockton Elementary School were closed Friday but plan to reopen Monday.