Fire displaces Wiregrass family

By  | 

DOTHAN, Ala. (WTVY) -- A Dothan resident is left without a home after a fire broke out Sunday morning.

Dothan Fire Department responded to a fire around 9:20 am off Brundidge Street.

Once they arrived the house was already engulfed in flames.

There were two people inside the house and with the help of Dothan Police Department they were able to get out safely.

Shaira Williams said, "Anyone that owns a home makes sure they got the safety smoke alarm rental anything that helps them with unexpected stuff make sure you have some of it.”

Dothan Police Department isn't sure what could have caused the fire but the Red Cross is working to put the family in a hotel.