Kickoff time, network for 88th edition of Iron Bowl set
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WTVY) - Fans now have the details they need to know for what is considered the most important appointment viewing experience in the state, that being the annual rivalry matchup between the Alabama Crimson Tide and the Auburn Tigers.
The Southeastern Conference (SEC) on Monday announced the kickoff times and network selections for the full slate of games featuring conference teams for the final weekend of the 2023 regular season, with one of those matchups being the 88th edition of the Iron Bowl.
The Tide and Tigers will take center stage on Saturday, November 25 at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn for a 2:30 p.m. central time clash (3:30 p.m. eastern). That matchup will air on WTVY 4.1 (CBS) here in the Wiregrass.
Other matchups featuring SEC teams for the final week of the regular season include:
- Ole Miss @ Mississippi State (Egg Bowl) | Thursday, November 23 | 6:30 p.m. central | ESPN
- Missouri @ Arkansas | Friday, November 24 | 3 p.m. central | CBS (WTVY)
- Texas A&M @ LSU | Saturday, November 25 | 11 a.m. central | ESPN
- Vanderbilt @ Tennessee | Saturday, November 25 | 2:30 p.m. central | SEC Network
- Florida State @ Florida | Saturday, November 25 | 6:30 p.m. central | ESPN
- Clemson @ South Carolina | Saturday, November 25 | 6:30 p.m. central | SEC Network
- Georgia @ Georgia Tech | Saturday, November 25 | 6:30 p.m. central | ABC
- Kentucky @ Louisville | Date & Time TBA after November 18
The 88th Iron Bowl will also serve as the final regular season matchup for the SEC on CBS, with the Big Ten being exclusively showcased on CBS in 2024 while the SEC moves exclusively to ABC, ESPN and the SEC Network.
The final SEC on CBS matchup will be when Alabama takes on Georgia in the 2023 SEC Championship Game on Saturday, December 2 at 3 p.m. central on WTVY (CBS).
Subscribe to our News 4 newsletter and receive the latest local news and weather straight to your email every morning. Get instant notifications on top stories from News 4 by downloading our mobile apps.
Copyright 2023 WTVY. All rights reserved.