Wednesday’s COVID-19 Testing in Dothan delayed due to weather
A COVID-19 testing clinic scheduled to take place at the Houston County Health Department on December 16 has been cancelled due to the threat of severe weather.
DOTHAN, Ala. (Alabama Dept. of Public Health) - A COVID-19 testing clinic scheduled to take place at the Houston County Health Department on December 16 has been cancelled due to the threat of severe weather.
The next COVID-19 testing clinic at the Houston County Health Department, 1781 East Cottonwood Road, Dothan, is scheduled for December 23 from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
No appointment is necessary; however, retesting and back-to-school testing are not provided.
Symptoms of COVID-19 consist of either cough or shortness of breath (difficulty breathing) or at least two of the following; fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, and new loss of taste or smell. 22
Patients eligible for drive-up clinic specimen collection must meet these criteria:
- Persons with symptoms
- Healthcare facility workers, workers in congregate living settings, and first responders with symptoms
- Persons without symptoms who have underlying medical conditions or disability placing them at a higher risk of complications or screening of other asymptomatic individuals based on a case by case review and approval by the state health department or local health jurisdiction.
The Alabama Department of Public Health advises the following measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Social distance by staying 6 feet away from others
- Avoid people who are sick
- Stay home if you can; work remotely if possible
- Cover your mouth and nose with a face covering when around others
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Monitor your health
For more information, contact the Southeastern Public Health District at (334) 792-9070 or visit alabamapublichealth.gov.
Copyright 2020 WTVY. All rights reserved.