Houston County Health Department offering COVID-19 testing in November
DOTHAN, Ala. (WTVY) -- The Alabama Department of Public Health will be offering COVID-19 testing to those who meet the testing criteria and while supplies are available.
Testing is scheduled as follows:
Wednesdays, November 4, 18 and 25
- 8:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m.
- Houston County Health Department
- 1781 East Cottonwood Road, Dothan, AL 36301
Symptoms of COVID-19 consist of either cough or shortness of breath (difficulty breathing) or at least two of the following: fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, and new loss of taste or smell.
Testing criteria are as follows:
- Persons with symptoms
- Healthcare facility workers, workers in congregate living settings, and first respondents with symptoms·
- Persons without symptoms who have underlying medical conditions or disability placing them at a higher risk of complications or screening of other asymptomatic individuals based on a case-by-case review and approval by the state health department or local health jurisdiction
The Alabama Department of Public Health advises the following measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Social distance by staying 6 feet away from others
- Avoid people who are sick
- Stay home if you can; work remotely if possible
- Cover your mouth and nose with a face covering when around others
- Cover coughs and sneezes·
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces·
- Monitor your health
For more information, please contact the Southeastern Public Health District at (334) 792-9070 or visit alabamapublichealth.gov.
Copyright 2020 WTVY. All rights reserved.