SEACH Announces October as Homeless Connect Month – How You Can Help
Due to COVID-19, the Fall Homeless Connect event coordinated each year by the Southeast Alabama Coalition for the Homeless (SEACH) will be a little different this year.
During the month of October 2020, we are asking that donations of supplies for the homeless be dropped off at area agencies that will distribute the items to our local homeless population.
- No clothing please, except coats/sweaters and jeans only for men, women & children.
- There are many local organizations providing clothing on a weekly basis year round.
- Hygiene Needs: combs, hair brushes, personal hygiene items (Soap, Shampoo, Razor, Deodorant, Toilet Tissue, Hand Sanitizer, Wet-Wipes, Toothbrush and Tooth paste, lotion), and women’s hygiene items
- Bedding/Sleeping Needs: Tents, sleeping bags, flat sheets, blankets, pillows & pillow cases, air mattresses or cots
- Food: non-perishable food items to include POP-TOP easy open food, cases of bottled water
- Other Needs: flash lights, batteries, wallets, purses, camp chairs, Coleman stoves, personal camping sized propane bottles, belts, bikes, bug spray & backpacks
Drop Off Locations
During the month of October, you can bring donations to:
- The Harbor: 320 N Foster St, Dothan. Mon - Thu 8 - 11, Sat 8 - 11. Ph: 334-790-0431
- Love In Action International Ministries: 279 W Main St, Dothan. Tue & Thu 10 - 2 p.m. Wed & Fri 10 - 12. Ph: 334-494-4995
- Moma Tina’s Mission House: 605 N Alice St, Dothan. Mon, Wed, Thu & Fri from 11-1 & 4-6 or call 334-648-0960 to arrange.
- Living Hope Community Outreach: 309 N Lena St, Dothan. Mon, Tues, & Thu 11 - 1. Ph: 334-671-2376
For additional info contact Wiregrass 211, dial 2-1-1.