State cases up slightly to start weekend
Alabama added 1,949 cases of COVID-19 on Saturday.
DOTHAN, Ala. (WTVY) - Alabama added 1,949 cases of COVID-19 on Saturday. That’s up from Friday when the state saw 1,669 cases.
18 new deaths were reported bringing the state’s total number to 1,413. There are 43 probable deaths still being investigated by the Alabama Department of Public Health.
Dale County had the most cases among Wiregrass counties with 61. That ties the record locally set by Houston County on July 19.
- Dale County - 61 new cases;
- Houston County - 36 new cases;
- Covington County - 19 new cases;
- Coffee County - 23 new cases;
- Barbour County - 9 new cases;
- Henry County - 3 new cases;
- Geneva County - 5 new cases;
- Pike County - 5 new cases;
Houston County added 2 new deaths on Saturday.
Southeast Health in Dothan is currently reporting 446 people tested positive for the virus at the hospital.
The hospital currently has 46 patients they are treating for the virus.
To date, 46 people have died from COVID-19 while being treated at the hospital.
Copyright 2020 WTVY. All rights reserved.