(WTVY) — The best way right now to help those affected Hurricane Harvey is to donate money to charitable agencies that are experienced in disaster relief.
• American Red Cross: Donate at www.redcross.org, call 1- 800-RED CROSS or text the word HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
• Catholic Charities USA: Visit catholiccharitiesusa.org to donate.
• Displaced Animals: Visit www.austinpetsalive.org. As we continue to care for the animals we have already saved, we have to prepare for even more animals who will need us in the coming days.
• Feeding Texas: Visit www.feedingtexas.org. Network of the state’s food banks accepting financial donations for those affected by Hurricane Harvey.
• GlobalGiving: visit www.globalgiving.org/projects/hurricane-harvey-relief-fund/. Donors can also text HARVEY to 80100 to donate $10 to GlobalGiving's Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. Message and data rates may apply. Send a check by writing,"Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund" in the memo line and mailing it to GlobalGiving, 1110 Vermont Ave NW, Suite 550, Washington DC, 20005.
• Greater Houston Community Foundation: Online credit card donations can be made at www.ghcf.org. Checks and money orders can be mailed to Greater Houston Community Foundation, ATTN: Gift Processor, 5120 Woodway Drive, Suite 6000, Houston, TX 77056
• Salvation Army: To donate visit donate.salvationarmyusa.org or call 1-800-725-2769.
• Samaritan’s Purse: Visit www.samaritanspurse.org
• Save the Children: Donate online at www.savethechildren.org. Save the Children’s emergency response team is on the ground in San Antonio, Texas, working to meet children and families’ immediate needs.
• United Way: Text UWFLOOD to 41444 to donate to the United Way Flood Relief Fund.
• The Alabama Cattlemen's Association has opened a Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund to offer aide to southeast Texas cattle producers. Donate today at www.BamaBeef.org/HurricaneRelief
• Zaxby's Fundraiser: EVERY BITE HELPS! Zaxby's Hurricane Harvey Relief Fundraiser Night. Zaxby's locations in Ozark and Enterprise will join together to donate 10% of their dinner sales this Thursday with those proceeds going to the American Red Cross. Thank you to our guests here and everywhere who join with us to provide relief to the devastated area. Thursday, September 7th, 5:00PM to 8:00PM
• Red Cross: redcross.org/volunteer.
• The Salvation Army is looking for people that can possibly deploy for 14 days. They need to go to http://disaster.salvationarmyusa.org/volunteer/new/ and fill out a volunteer profile.
• Dothan Education Foundation: Here is a way you can start to help! Get your students and their families involved and consider adopting a classroom that has been affected by Hurricane Harvey. The idea is that your classroom will help collect basic supplies or gift cards to help setup students with tools to get their classroom back on its feet. To sign-up: https://goo.gl/forms/5A3G7CZMZwRnfpta2
• Utility Trailer Sales of Alabama: We have a semi-trailer were sending to another Utility dealer in Houston. We would like to fill it up by mid-week. Items needed: Non-perishable foods, Bottled water, Bedding / pillows, Diapers / baby supplies, Baby formula, Baby food, Dog / cat food, Feminine hygiene products, Toiletries, Coloring books, books and etc. Trailer will be at Utility Trailer Sales, 522 Ross Clark Circle, Dothan , AL 36303
• Single Parents in Need Nationally, Inc. is partnering with Outback Steakhouse with collecting items to send to Hurricane Harvey flood victims in the Houston, TX and surrounding areas. The following items are needed: toiletries, blankets, cleaning supplies, work gloves, hand sanitizer, first aid kits, diapers, baby lotion, bath soap, hand towels, and bath towels. Please drop off your items at the following locations: Outback Steakhouse, 2525 Ross Clark Circle, Dothan, AL 36301 or Single Parents in Need Nationally, Inc., 306 N. Foster Street, Dothan, AL 36303.
• First United Methodist Church Dothan is acting as a collection point for Harvey disaster relief supplies. You can place your items inside the trailers in the East FUMC Parking lot next to CVS. Here are the needed supplies that we are collecting for the conference. NOTHING MORE THAN THESE ITEMS PLEASE!
Box fans 25', heavy-duty 14-gauge extension cords, 2 gallon garden sprayers, flat billed shovels, rakes with 3" tines. We are also collecting UMCOR Cleaning Buckets (flood buckets) and Hygiene Kits (health kits). Assembly instructions can be found at http://www.umcor.org/UMCOR/Relief-Supplies. Please follow the instructions carefully. We will be collecting these items until September 9.
• The Columbia Baptist Association will receive specific donations beginning today, Tuesday September 5, 2017, to help in the relief efforts for Hurricane Harvey victims. The supplies will be received at Bethel Baptist Church located at 3257 East Cottonwood Road in Dothan, AL from 1-6 PM daily until the tractor trailer is filled. The items being accepted are: Bottled water cases, Disposable diapers, Cleaning supplies, Gift cards to Walmart, Lowes, home depot, etc. NO CLOTHiNG WILL BE ACCEPTED! The supplies will be delivered to the Baptist Disaster Relief Team effort in Texas where needed. A special thanks to AMX Trucking for providing the trailer and transportation to the relief site. For questions contact Bethel Baptist Church 334-792-5908 or the Columbia Baptist Association 334-794-6281.