- Per Mayor Grecu, we will have 2 warming shelters in Ashford beginnning at 6:00 p.m. tonight. The 1st location to go to will be the Ashford Sr. Center located at 409 North Co Rd 33. This shelter will hold approximately 70 individuals. Once this facililty is filled, then individuals will be sent to Grace Park Church located on Elmer Rd (behind Inland gas station) in Ashford. This shelter will hold approximately 250 individuals. Those needing shelter should go to the Sr. Center first. Grace Park Church will only be used if needed.
- Westgate Rec Center is opened as a warming station for their regular hours today until 9:00 pm. A decision will be made later today if they will remain open after hours.
- The following warming stations in Houston County will open after 6:00 pm today and will open until 8:00 am Thursday:
Wicksburg Fire Station
Webb Town Hall
Kinsey Town Hall
Taylor Senior Center
Cottonwood Town Hall
Ashford Sr. Center
Columbia Senior Center
- The Daleville warming shelter will be open and be available if anyone experiences a power outage. Contact the Public Safety Department at 598- 4442 for assistance regarding the warming shelter.
- The Christian Mission at 231 Geneva Highway will be open throughout the period of extreme weather.
- The City has also opened the Enterprise Recreation Center, 421 East Lee St., as a Cold Weather Shelter. It will remain open until noon Thursday.
- Buses may be available for transportation. If you need assistance making your way to the warming station, call 615-HELP (615-4357). If you have a medical emergency, call 911.