SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (AP) - Firefighters in California say they have pushed back by a week their estimate of when they'll fully contain the Santa Barbara wildfire.
Fire officials said the blaze that destroyed dozens of homes was about 80 percent contained Wednesday.
But they said the forecast of more dry, windy weather forced them to push the date of estimated full containment back to May 20.
Wind was expected to gust up to 60 mph Wednesday afternoon.
County fire Capt. David Sadecki said the wind could push the fire into areas where about 145 homes are still considered
threatened. Those homes were evacuated last week and residents have not been allowed to return.
The fire blackened more than 13 square miles, destroyed 78 homes and damaged 22 homes.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.