FRIDAY Patchy fog will mix out by 9AM then partly to mostly sunny skies for the afternoon hours with a high temperature in the upper 80s to lower 90s. Slight chance of a rain shower in the panhandle region later today, winds E 5-10 mph. FRIDAY NIGHT Expect mostly clear skies this evening and temperatures falling into the mid 60s. Some patchy fog will develop in low lying areas after 3AM. SATURDAY Another quiet afternoon is expected on Saturday afternoon as surface ridging will again keep showers and thunderstorms at a minimum. Expect mostly sunny skies with high temperatures in the low 90s and a 20% chance of an afternoon pop up, EXTENDED A shortwave will make its way through the Mississippi Valley region on Sunday upping rain chances slightly in the afternoon to around 40%. As high pressure ridging weakens over the wiregrass we will begin to see a trend of afternoon showers and thunderstorms as we begin the work week. High temperatures will be in the mid to upper 80s with 30-40% chance of afternoon thunderstorms.
Along the Coast Always check conditions before going into the water. For Friday - More Sunshine w/ Isolated T-storm Rip Current Risk: Moderate Rain: 20% Wind: E 10 kts Seas: 2-3 feet Bays: Light Chop UV Index: 7 Water Temp: 82°
4Warn Weather Team on Social!
Twitter: ThomasGeboyWX , LinahanWX , WXEvan
Facebook: WTVY 4Warn Weather Team , Meteorologist Thomas Geboy , Meteorologist Lauren Linahan , Evan Chickvara
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Olivia Ware email@example.com
Station Contact Info:
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195