Selected Community Events
Militia Fitness-Lift To Remember
Reebok store located in the Silver Sands Outlets
Militia Fitness Presents- Lift To Remember
October 10th, 2015
Deputy Bill Myers passed away 22 Sept 2015 . Local law enforcement risk their lives on a daily basis to protect and serve our community. Militia Fitness wants to honor Deputy Myers and show its support and gratitude for all local law enforcement. We will be hosting. 'Lift To Remember'. October 10th. 8-11am at the Reebok store located in the Silver Sands Outlets. This competition will consist of partners (2 athletes. M/M. F/F. M/F). All proceeds will go to OCSO Star Charities. Earmarked only for his family.
Male/Male & Female/Female Teams
3rds: 20 Cleans (185/125) (Scaleable)
MIXED GENDER TEAMS
3rds: 10 Cleans (Female 125lbs.) (Scaleable)
10 Snatches (Male 125lbs.) (Scaleable)
Inside of the Reebok Outlet in Sandestin
The registration is $20 per team. After the event all members will have until 10am to shop inside the store with only militia members there. Everything will be 30% off at Reebok for all people attending the event. There will be scaling options available upon registration. Overall RX team will receive a free pair of Reebok shoes. Remember, this is a workout to honor Deputy Myers and all the individuals who support our community. Lets get together and show them our love and support!!! Register quickly. We have limited spots available.
Registration-please go to MilitiaFitness.com
Wiregrass Area Buddy Walk
Cost? = $5 Participate Fee
More Info = To register for the event you can go to http://www.ds-stride.org/wiregrassbuddywalk/profiles/team/FRIENDS
The 8th Annual Wiregrass Area Buddy Walk will be held Saturday, October 31st @ Landmark Park.
The Buddy Walk helps celebrate October as National Down Syndrome Awareness Month. The Buddy Walk was first established in 1955 by the National Down Syndrome Society and the Wiregrass Area had its first in 2008. It is a fun, wonderful, heart-warming event in which thousands of people from coast to coast and around the world participate each year.
You can make a difference in the lives of thousands of families. Your participation in the Wiregrass Area Buddy Walk helps the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. organization (Families Reaching, Influencing, Educating and Networking for Down Syndrome) provide information and support to families in the Wiregrass Area. You can visit their website at www.downsyndromefriends.org
Organize a team from your workplace, school or community and support people with Down syndrome. Whether you have Down syndrome, know someone who does or just want to show your support, come and join the Wiregrass Area Buddy Walk.
For more information on how you can get involved or form a team, email WiregrassAreaBuddyWalk@yahoo.com or call Alicia @ 726.2075.
The Buddy Walk was developed by the National Down Syndrome Society in 1995 to bring together a wide range of concerned individuals to reach out to friends, family and co-workers to promote acceptance and inclusion for people with Down syndrome and to raise money for local and national programs and services. Each Buddy Walk is usually a one-mile walk and is surrounded by a day full of family friendly games, inflatables and fun music.
F.R.I.E.N.D.S. is the local DS support group that the Wiregrass Area Buddy Walk raises money for. F.R.I.E.N.D.S. provides services to individuals with DS and their families by (1) providing up-to-date materials and handouts to doctors, hospitals, clinics, libraries, schools and new families, (2) offering opportunities for socialization and education, (3) promoting community recognition of the inherent dignity of all people with developmental disabilities. 90% of all monies raised stay in the Wiregrass. The remaining 10% goes to the National Down Syndrome Society to assist with National Advocacy programs and such.
Whether you have Down syndrome, have a friend or family member with Down syndrome or have just heard about our awesome Wiregrass Area Down syndrome BUDDIES….I encourage you to attend our walk. I assure you that you will leave a changed person. You will feel love at the event like no other. You will experience seeing true JOY in the lives of people that have overcome so many obstacles to get where they are today. And you will be blessed by attending.