SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Games of Oct. 27)
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
CONNOR SHAW (Watch South Carolina Highlights)
6-1 • 207 • Jr. • Flowery Branch, Ga.
• Shaw had his most productive day as a Gamecock signal-caller, completing 22-of-32 passes for a career-high 356 yards and three touchdowns in South Carolina’s 38-35 win over Tennessee.
• He added 33 yards and a touchdown on 18 carries on the ground.
• His scoring passes covered 33, 26 and 24 yards as the Gamecocks rolled up 510 yards of total offense, the sixth-highest total in the Steve Spurrier era at Carolina.
• For the season, Shaw has completed 106-of-160 passes for 1,338 yards with 12 TDs and eight interceptions.
• In the Tennessee game, he also reached 1,000 career rushing yards (1,001).
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
JARVIS JONES (Watch Georgia Highlights)
6-3 • 241 • Jr. • Columbus, Ga.
• Jones had a career-high 13 tackles (12 solo stops), including 4.5 tackles for 24 yards of losses, with three sacks, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries in Georgia’s 17-9 win against Florida.
• His 22 sacks in 20 career games over the last two years leads all NCAA FBS active players (1.1 avg. per game). Seven of those sacks have come against the Gators in two games.
• Jones was the catalyst behind a defense that held No. 3-ranked Florida to no touchdowns and forced the Gators into six turnovers after UF had committed four turnovers all season leading into the game.
SEC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
BRYSON ROSE (Watch Ole Miss Highlights)
5-11 • 203 • Sr. • Raleigh, N.C.
• Rose connected on all three field goals attempts, including the game-winning 31-yarder as time expired, to lead Ole Miss to a 30-27 win against Arkansas in Little Rock.
• His other fourth-quarter field goal was a career-long 53-yarder, which marked the sixth longest in school history.
• Rose was also successful on all three PAT attempts and recorded four touchbacks on six kickoffs.
• He is now tied for fifth all-time at Ole Miss in field goals made and is 8th in SEC history in career field goal percentage (35-of-44; 79.5 percent).
SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
CHANCE WARMACK (Watch Alabama Highlights)
6-3 • 320 • Sr. • Atlanta, Ga.
• Warmack graded out at 90 percent with four pancake blocks, no missed assignments, no penalties, no sacks or no pressures allowed in Alabama’s 38-7 win against Mississippi State.
• The Crimson Tide offense totaled 414 yards (235 passing and 179 rushing) against the Bulldogs.
• Alabama’s offense had no turnovers against a Mississippi State team that came into the game leading the nation in turnover margin.
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
SHELDON RICHARDSON (Watch Missouri Highlights)
6-4 • 295 • Jr. • St. Louis, Mo.
• Richardson tallied five tackles (3 solos) with a forced fumble and a fumble recovery in Missouri’s 33-10 win over Kentucky.
• On Kentucky’s game-opening drive, Richardson stripped the UK rusher of the football, and returned it 60 yards to set up Missouri’s first touchdown of the game.
• The Missouri defense forced 3-and-outs on nine of Kentucky’s 14 possessions in the game.
• Richardson leads the Tigers with 57 total tackles this season, leading all SEC interior linemen in tackles this season.
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
JOHNNY MANZIEL (Watch Texas A&M Highlights)
6-1 • 200 • Kerrville, Texas
• Manziel completed 16-of-23 passes for 260 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions and also rushed for 90 yards on nine carries and three touchdowns in Texas A&M’s 63-21 win at Auburn.
• The Aggies scored the most points ever by an Auburn opponent in Jordan-Hare Stadium.
• Manziel’s 350 yards of total offense was in only one half of play and the first series of the third quarter.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 9
RB T.J. YELDON (Alabama) -- Rushed for game-high 84 yards on 10 carries and a touchdown against Mississippi State.
WR COBI HAMILTON (Arkansas) -- Hauled in 12 catches for 146 yards against Ole Miss.
RB TRE MASON (Auburn) -- Rushed for 80 yards on 12 carries and a touchdown against Texas A&M.
PK CALEB STURGIS (Florida) -- Connected on three field goals against Georgia, including a 50-yarder in the fourth quarter.
SE MALCOLM MITCHELL (Georgia) -- Had a team-high five catches for 74 yards and a touchdown against Florida.
CB J.D. HARMON (Kentucky) -- True freshman ad two interceptions and a career-high seven tackles against Missouri.
LB DENZEL NKEMDICHE (Ole Miss) -- Recorded a team-high eight tackles with a key second-half interception and two pass deflections against Arkansas.
LB CAMERON LAWRENCE (Mississippi State) -- Had game-high 10 total tackles with a sack and another tackle for loss.
TB KENDIAL LAWRENCE (Missouri) -- Ran for 108 yards on a career-high 23 carries and two touchdowns against Kentucky.
P TYLER HULL (South Carolina) -- Averaged 43.2 yards on five punts against Tennessee, including a 51-yarder in the fourth quarter, which flipped the field for the Vols’ final drive.
WR ZACH ROGERS (Tennessee) -- Caught six passes for 107 yards and three touchdowns, which tied a school record, against South Carolina.
WR RYAN SWOPE (Texas A&M) – Caught six passes for 140 yards and two touchdowns against Auburn.
QB JORDAN RODGERS (Vanderbilt) -- Completed 17-of-21 passes for 217 yards with two touchdowns and rushed for a third score against Massachusetts. His 80.9 completion percentage is a career-best.
CB TREY WILSON (Vanderbilt) -- Returned an interception 17 yards for a touchdown and had a tackle for loss against Massachusetts.