1 1/2 boxes cake mix (Duncan Hines, Golden Butter)
1 1/2 sticks butter (softened)
1 cup water
8 oz. sour cream
2 cups sugar
2 - 6 oz. pkgs. of frozen coconut thawed (Tropic Isle)
8 oz. Cool Whip (thawed)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 3 -9 inch cake pans.
2. Combine cake mix, butter, eggs and water in mixer. Beat until smooth and thickened.
3. Pour into pans, cook until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cakes.
1. Mix sour cream and sugar. Add 1/2 package of coconut. Spread mixture on 2 layers of cake-Using about 2/3 of the sour cream mixture.
2. Add cool whip to the remaining sour cream mixture. Blend, let set 2 or 3 minutes to thicken.
3. Frost top layer and sides of cake. Sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 packages of coconut on cake Refrigerate.