1-3 lbs. chicken, cut up
1 lb. diced onion
1 regular size onion, diced
1/2 stock celery, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cup flour
Dash of black pepper
Dash of sugar
Dash of chicken bullion, finely ground
1. Cook cut up chicken till meat is tender. (Cut chicken is used because bones give the soup the best flavor. Chicken breast may be used, but the rich flavor will be lacking.)
2. Add carrots, onion, and celery to stock. Cook until tender.
3. Make dumplings according to recipe being careful not to over mix eggs and flour, which will result in "tough" dumplings.
4. Using a spoon, gently add dumpling mixture to the chicken stock. Cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Add chicken bullion, black pepper and a dash of sugar to taste.