Warm Mushroom Goat Cheese Tarts
1/2 pound puff pastry, rolled 1/8-inch thick
Goat Cheese Mixture
1/2 pound plain goat cheese, Montrachet style
6 tbsp. Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1/2 cup heavy cream or low fat milk
Salt to taste
1 pound mushrooms mixture of Shitake, oyster, crimini
2 tbsp. Butter or olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced fine
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt butter in a sauté pan. Sauté mushrooms in butter until they give off their juices. Salt lightly and cook until juices concentrate. Stir in garlic and parsley, cooking for 30 seconds.
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cool and store in refrigerator until needed. Method: All components of this recipe should be made ahead of time.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut puff pastry into 1 inch rounds. Place rounds on a parchment lined sheet pan. Place another sheet of parchment paper on top of puff rounds.
4. Place another sheet pan on top of parchment paper. Bake for 25-30 minutes. They should be crisp and flaky when snapped in half. Cool and store in a dry airtight container.
5. To assemble and serve: Spread each puff round with 1 tablespoon goat cheese mixture. Press tablespoon size portion of mushrooms on top of goat cheese.
6. Place on a sheet pan and bake at 350 degrees until cheese milts. App. 5 minutes. Serve.