- 1 or 2 tablespoons of oil (or ham or bacon drippings)
- Add enough sifted flour to mix in the grease on stove top. (2 or 3 tablespoons.) Stir as flour is browning.
- Makes the Rue—add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 2 or 3 cut up tomatoes (preferable Slocomb tomatoes). (Use canned tomatoes and juice if you must.)
- Continue to stir—adding water as needed until creamy consistency.
5 cups self-rising flour
2 cups buttermilk
Mix together ingredients until form. Oil a pan and shape biscuits with hands. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.