10 cups (1-inch) cubed sturdy white bread (such as Pepperidge Farm Hearty white bread; about 16 (1 oz.) slices)
8 oz. of reduced fat cream cheese, softened at room temperature
2 cups egg substitute (or 8 eggs)
2 1/3 cups reduced fat milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
3/4 cup sugar free maple syrup for garnish
1. Place bread cubes in a 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
2. Beat cream cheese with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add egg substitute, mixing well. Add milk, 1/2 cup maple syrup, and vanilla; mix until smooth.
3. Pour cream cheese mixture over top of bread; cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 375 °.
5. Remove bread mixture from refrigerator; let stand on counter for 30 minutes. Uncover, bake at 375 ° for 50 minutes or until set.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; serve with 3/4 sugar free maple sugar (1 Tbsp. sugar free maple syrup per serving.)
Yield: 12 servings
Serving size: 1 slice souffle and 1 Tbsp. sugar free maple syrup
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 350 mg
Carbohydrate: 46 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 12 g