2 ½ cups sifted all purpose flour
3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cups cooking oil
3 tablespoons Crisco
¾ cup water
½ cup skim milk
1 ½ cups sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
1 8 oz. cream cheese – room temperature
1 stick butter – room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 8 oz container Cool Whip
Chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Mix all ingredients together with mixer until creamy and smooth.
2. Grease and flour four 9 inch round cake pans. Pour mixture evenly divided into pans.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for approx 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
4. Cool completely before adding icing. Use only two layers for cake and freeze other
two layers for later use.
1. Beat together first 4 ingredients until creamy.
2. Fold in Cool Whip. Spread onto cooled cake.
3. Garnish top of cake with chocolate curls and nuts.
4. Keep in refrigerator.
5. This cake can be frozen.