- 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounds corned beef brisket
- 4 or 5 red potatoes, cut in chunks
- 2-4 turnips roots, cut in chunks,
- 1/2 rutabaga root, cut in chunks
- 1/2 head cabbage, cut in wedges
- 1/2 bag baby carrots
Place corned beef brisket in crockpot; add vegetables. Add water to cover. Cover and simmer on high for 4-5 hours hours or until tender. If using low temperature, cook on low for 8 hours.
When meat is done, remove brisket from pot. If necessary, trim fat. Place brisket on broiler pan rack 3-4 inches from heat. Brush Dijon Glaze over brisket. Broil for 3 minutes to glaze. Slice diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Prepare glaze by combining the ingredients.
- Combine the following ingredients in a microwave for 1 minute and drizzle over cooked and drained vegetables.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 to 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Salt and pepper to taste