- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 4 teaspoons Ranch Rub (recipe follows)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Romaine lettuce, tomato slices
1. Lightly shape ground beef into four 3/4-inch thick patties. Press Ranch Rub onto patties.
2. Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes to medium (160°F) doneness, until not pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add
onion and brown sugar; cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes or until onion is
4. Line bun bottom with lettuce and tomato. Top with burger. Evenly
divide onion mixture over burgers. Close with bun top.
Makes 4 Servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 546 calories; 38 g protein; 34 g carbohydrate; 28 g fat; 742 mg sodium; 124 mg cholesterol; 8.4 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 3.6 mcg vitamin B12; 6.2 mg iron; 8.4 mg zinc.