The perfect cookie for the holidays!
4 oz. butter, softened
4 oz. shortening
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs (jumbo)
2 1/4 cup self-rising flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
Green and red decorating sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Thoroughly mix butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar and the eggs. Blend in flour slowly. Shape the dough into fat logs.
2. Mix remaining sugar with the cinnamon. Roll logs into mixture, then form into candy cane shapes.
3. Now, on a piece of waxed paper take the green and red decorating sugar and line each color next to each other. So, it goes red, green, red, green, etc.
4. Then, take the dough in the shape of the candy cane and carefully roll through the sugar mixture until coated.
5. Finally, bake on a cookie sheet eight to 10 minutes, until firm.
Yield: Five Dozen Christmas Doodles