- 1 loaf of French bread (or Italian )
- Pizza or spaghetti sauce, use sparingly, only 4 or 5 tablespoons
- 1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese, use generously to your taste
- 6 white button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Italian sausages, removed from casing and browned
1. Slice bread in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the center of the bread.
Brush bread interior with olive oil. Brush with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
2. Added browned Italian sausage. Place sliced mushrooms on top. Sprinkle with Italian herbs, basil and oregano. Sprinkle with additional cheese.
3. Bake in preheated oven on 375 for 15 minutes. Variation: use pepperoni and cheese instead of sausage and mushrooms.