1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Star-shaped object for imprint (or any other shape)
1. Cream margarine and peanut butter. Gradually add sugars and cream well. Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
2. Blend in sifted dry ingredients gradually and mix thoroughly.
3. Shape dough into balls, using a rounded teaspoon for each.
4. Roll balls in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 375° for about 8 minutes.
6. Remove cookie sheet and press star onto each cookie.
7. Return cookies to oven and bake 2 to 5 minutes more.
Yield: 28 cookies