- 3 lbs rump roast
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1 tbs black peppercorns, cracked
- 3/4 tbs ground allspice
- 1 tbs dried thyme
- 1/2 tbs paprika
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
1. Combine all ingredients except rump roast into a bowl, and mix them together.
2. Put rump roast in the bowl, and rub the other ingredients into the roast.
3. Put the roast into a sealed plastic bag, and take the air out of it, and put in the refrigerator for five days. Turn the roast onto a different side every 24 hours.
4. After five days, put the roast in a pot full of boiling water for three hours.
5. Slice up and serve.