Political News Headlines
Civil Rights Act of 1964 Celebrates 51st Anniversary
- Local Residents reflect on Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Same-Sex Marriage Supporters And Protestors Wait For SCOTUS Decision
- Twice this week already same-sex marriage supporters and protestors made their way to the United States Supreme Court, trying to catch the long-awaited decision on two issues regarding the constitutionality of same-sex marriage.
Democrats on Opposite Side of Trade Bill Passage
- The Senate passed legislation that could grant the president the ability to negotiate a trade deal without markups from congress.
Graham Co-Sponsored Obamacare Reform Passes House
- Today, Rep. Gwen Graham joined the House of Representatives in passing H.R. 160, the Protect Medical Innovation Act of 2015, which would repeal Obamacare’s Medical Device Tax.
Sessions On Senate Passage Of Defense Bill
- U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL), a senior member of the Armed Services Committee and Chairman of the Strategic Forces Subcommittee, provided a defense update to Mobile today after the Senate adopted, by a vote of 71–25, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016.
Supreme Court Ruling Involving ObamaCare Coming Soon
- In the next two weeks- the Supreme Court is set to rule on the Affordable Care Act known now to many as Obamacare.
A Look at "The Waste of the Week"
- Senator Dan Coats (IN) has been giving a speech each week about a different government program that is wasteful.
Representatives Graham and Jolly Fight Oil Drilling Off Florida’s Gulf Coast
- Representatives Gwen Graham (FL-2) and David Jolly (FL-13) introduced, bipartisan legislation to extend the ban on oil drilling in the eastern Gulf of Mexico through the year 2027.
Judge: Gay Couples Across Alabama Have Right to Marry
- A federal judge has ruled that gays and lesbians have the right to marry in all Alabama counties, but placed her decision on hold until the U.S Supreme Court issues a ruling on same-sex marriage.
Shelby Secures Critical Funding and Policy Provisions in Senate Energy and Water Bill
- U.S. Senator Richard Shelby (R-Ala.), a senior member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, today announced full committee passage of the Fiscal Year 2016 Energy and Water Development Appropriations bill.Shelby Secures Critical Funding and Policy Provisions in Senate Energy and Water Bill
More Political News Headlines