By: AP
By: AP

EUFAULA, Ala. (AP) - Democratic U.S. Rep. Bobby Bright of Alabama says that if re-elected, he will not vote to give California Democrat Nancy Pelosi another term as House speaker.

Campaigning in Eufaula on Thursday, Bright said he also would not vote for House Republican leader John Boehner of Ohio to be speaker.

Bright blames the deep partisan divide in Congress on the leadership of Pelosi and Boehner. He said he doesn't know who he would support for speaker, but it would be someone more moderate from either party.

Bright voted for Pelosi after his election in 2008 and his Republican opponent, Martha Roby, has made it an issue of her campaign.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

• by Jason A Location: Hartford on Oct 17, 2010 at 01:26 PM
    that video shows how arrogant bright is toward his own constituents. he thinks we can all be snookered. i see the light, bright...and it means a vote for Martha Roby on Nov. 2. we need a change in congress and a pelosi enabler like bright means no change.
  • by Jill Location: Dothan on Oct 16, 2010 at 06:30 PM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiGZixgCfBo that says a lot... he is a total Pelosi enabler by being a Democrat in Congress. We cannot stand for that. Throw the bums out.
  • by Dee Location: Ozark on Oct 9, 2010 at 07:02 PM
    rdhead is right. Bobby is the only democrat that I have ever voted for. I went to school with him and I know he is a good man.I am sorry to say that even though he is one of the most conservative democrats up there, he is still a democrat.This next election is too important to let my personal feelings about him determine my vote. We must do what is right for the courtry and that is not a democrat. We must unite and GO VOTE them out NOV. 2. ( I'm also a rdhead)
  • by Jeff Location: Ozark on Oct 9, 2010 at 08:53 AM
    This is no change for Bobby Bright. He refused to vote against health care until enough votes were cast to pass it, then "boss" Nancy "allowed" him to vote against it to save face. He now says he will not support Pelosi for speaker of the house now that with Republicans in the majority she cannot be elected and he continues to support her by agreeing to vote against the republican most likely nominated. Its politics as usual, democrats for democrats, power for power, and spin it so that you are saying one thing but doing another. We need a conservative who believes in the Constitution, AS WRITTEN BY OUR FOUNDING FATHERS, not another democtatic lapdog.
  • by Erik Location: Wiregrass on Oct 9, 2010 at 04:55 AM
    I was for her before I was against her before I was thinking she might die before I voted with her before I saw the wind blowing...He makes Charlie Brown look like the rock of Gibraltar... HarriAnne.Should-Fry.com Ronnie.Should-Fry.com
  • by I wonder? on Oct 8, 2010 at 01:03 PM
    Does that mean he thinks he was wrong for voting for her in the first place? And if so will he admit it or like most politicians do the words I was wrong fail to pass their lips? We all make mistakes. We would respect folks more if they said so and left it at that.
  • by Joey Location: dothan on Oct 8, 2010 at 10:27 AM
    Mr Bright seems like a good person to me but he's been in politics too long. It's time to get career politicians out of office and put working people in office who want to serve a term or two to actually help our local, state, and federal governments instead of continuing to put people in office who are obligated to their constituents instead of to a political party ot special interest groups.
  • by Bill Location: Enterprise on Oct 8, 2010 at 10:02 AM
    Bobby Bright helps the liberal Democrats maintain the majority in the House of Representatives and hence control of Congress. It's imperative that a Republican be elected for the 2nd district to put some balance back in Congress. This is why Im voting for Martha Roby, a true conservative.
  • by chase Location: midland city on Oct 8, 2010 at 08:35 AM
    Why did't my comment get posted about bobby bright ?
  • by rdhead Location: L on Oct 8, 2010 at 07:51 AM
    Just being there is providing support for Pelosi and her radical leftist agenda. The GOP is not perfect, but the only way to stop the radical leftists from doing any more damage than they've already done these two years is to vote the democrats out and keep them out until they are not a radical leftist party intent on destroying this country. Don't be fooled. You can't vote for Bright, just because you think he's OK, without defacto throwing your support behind the radical, anti-american, leftists, who have taken over the democrat party.
  • Page:
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 104559579 - wtvy.com/a?a=104559579