Humiliated By Father For Poor Grades

One Miami Florida father’s unusual punishment for his son - a 7th grader is getting a lot of attention.

Michael Bell, Senior is forcing his son Michael Bell Junior to wear a giant cardboard sign on the corner of a busy intersection as punishment for being a class clown and getting F's in school.

The Sign Reads "Hey I want to be a class clown is it wrong?"... The back says "I'm in the Seventh grade and got three F's. Blow your horn if there's something wrong with that.

7th grader Michael Bell Junior really is failing three classes according to his parents and they say they have tried everything to get through to him and nothing has worked.

They say this is their last option. So Michaels' punishment for getting bad grades is spending his spring break humiliating himself -- at the busy intersection - wearing a sign telling the world he's a class clown instead of having fun playing video games with his friends.

Michael Bell Senior Says that he does has to do this so that his son does not fail out of school and become a statistic.

• by Karen Location: Alabama on Mar 16, 2012 at 12:50 PM
    This is called accountability! Way to go Dad! Wish I had thought of that one myself. Kids now have it way too easy and a lot of parents don't get involved enough. The boy needs to do his work.
  • by CONCERNED INDIVIDUAL Location: ALL OVER ALABAMA on Mar 15, 2012 at 02:58 PM
    In reply to anonymous. You have a point there, but I do not believe that there is something wrong with this child. If you have seen the video, you will change your mind. 7th Grader, no way. He is one of those that been a clown is important than been a good student and he thinks that he can get over or trying to impress his friends. The good thing about this is that his dad is standing on that corner with him. That is a good example as a father. I really do not see any thing wrong with this punishment. Also he has a bottle of water to keep him cool and most of all his father is standing by.
  • by ?? Location: ? on Mar 13, 2012 at 05:47 PM
    Good for you dad..No harm in the punishment..Because grabbing a belt is not always the answere..
  • by huggy Location: dothan on Mar 12, 2012 at 06:58 PM
    Lol wish I would have thought of that one! Great job dad!
  • by Anonymous on Mar 12, 2012 at 06:48 PM
    I am probably that class clown. I dropped out in the 8th grade. I have a learning disability that was not diagnosed when I was younger. Children learn differently from one another. Your son may need some extra attention and praise instead of punishment.If his self esteem is already low and you do this to him he may commit suicide.Maybe he needs counseling instead of humilation.There may be a problem that you're not aware of.
  • by david Location: dothan on Mar 12, 2012 at 03:32 PM
    Yes i think it is a good way to get his son to think about what is important in school cause if he keeps that up in school he will be on the streets instead of going to collage.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 142386145 - wtvy.com/a?a=142386145