Crash Victim's Family Blames Ford 'Stealth' Recall

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

WHITMAN, Mass. (AP) - The family of a Massachusetts man who was killed when the rear axle of his Windstar cracked in half says Ford hasn't done enough to tell owners about the company's recall of the minivans.

Sean Bowman's family told The Associated Press on Wednesday that they received a safety recall notice from Ford in October. That's one week after his vehicle careened into a building.

Ford announced in August it was recalling 575,000 older-model Windstars over concerns the rear axles can corrode and break.

Ford said it is cooperating with government investigators but declined to comment on Bowman's case.

After an inquiry about Bowman's case from AP, Ford said it was expanding its recall - a decision made last month but not previously publicized.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 111944434 - wtvy.com/a?a=111944434
Gray Television, Inc.