Casino Developer Seeks Release from Jail

By: AP
By: AP

Now he sits in a 6-by-8 foot cell at the Montgomery City Jail with three other inmates for companions.

Gilley's conditions are described in court papers filed by his attorney, who's trying to get him out of jail before his trial June 6 on conspiracy and bribery charges.

Attorney Doug Jones says Gilley can't sleep because of noise, including inmates banging on the bars.

And he says Gilley needs to be back home in Enterprise because his wife is ill.

A federal judge has not indicated when he will rule.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

• by PG on Feb 22, 2011 at 04:40 PM
    Ypu all are pathetic. Kick a man while he is down. So if you are all church going people where is your compation. Oh, thats right your all fakes, or should I say thugs. You have tried a person who is innocent and to be proven guilty. I hope some of your closet secrets dont get out. Otherwise you too can be judged. Let the judical system do its job and his attorneys and quit sticking you nose in other peoples business. Let the matter on gambling be voted on. So, that it isnt considered illegal. Oh ya you all have a problem with other people gambling. There you go again sticking your nose into something that doesnt concern you. After all if you dont like to gamble stay away or cant you.
  • by Barbara Location: Florida on Feb 21, 2011 at 07:17 PM
    Cry me a hand full.You might be there in jail a long time.Next time when this or that is against the law in this or that state,don't go ahead and try to do it.You're no different than anybody eles. You worked hard to be where you're at so enjoy it.
  • by TheTruth Location: Enterprise on Feb 21, 2011 at 06:29 PM
    I agree with citizen and I find it very funny that a couple months ago the headline read "Arrest me" Ronnie was asking to go to jail and now he wants out.
  • by Concerned Citizen Location: Enterprise on Feb 21, 2011 at 02:21 PM
    I'm concerned because the media has really not done their job in this case..While his wife has a problem it is not considered serious and the information in town is that she is living with her parents as they have lost their house. As an aside, don't the other inmates have to endure the same conditions.
  • by TheTruth Location: Enterprise on Feb 21, 2011 at 05:21 AM
    They are not worried about Ronnie running away. He broke the law & should be treated like every other criminal. I've known him for several years; I support the positives of what he has done but don't be fooled. The government isn't picking on him. He attacked the gov. (Many of them you will never read about because he keeps his hands clean by using others around him to do his dirty work)Don't feed me this BS that he needs "revenge". The only reason he wanted CC was to line his pockets; if he cared about the jobs he would have opened CC without the "bingo". His investors and himself would only make the return they wanted with the bingo and it's sad that he let greed control him. Your prayers are misdirected people. Pray that he has a change of heart to come clean; that's the only thing that can save him. Trust me when I say you only know half the story. -To the hired workers of Gilley that are trying to track my IP address don't bother unless you want me to go public with everything...
  • by Bull Location: Macon on Feb 20, 2011 at 06:14 PM
    cant he hobnobb in jail ?
  • by Joey Location: dothan on Feb 20, 2011 at 05:50 PM
    Those of you who think it's a good thing for him to be trying to help people who dont have jobs please remember that some of the jobs he gave people was for an illegal operation. So if you're ok with someone employing people to break the law please chime in good words for pimps who employ prostitutes, gang leaders who recruit people to help steal for a living, and big drug dealers who recruit small time drug dealers to help grow their business. What Mr Gilley was doing is just as illegal. Maybe not as wrong as the drug dealing or pimping, but just as illegal.
  • by Edna Clements Location: Dothan, Al. 36301 on Feb 20, 2011 at 03:11 PM
    Why, is my question? he is not going to run away. Let him be home with his wife. He is trying to help people that don't have jobs..is that so wrong? Revenge belongs to me. I will pay back, say the Lord. Roman 12:19
  • by realconcernedforhim on Feb 20, 2011 at 01:52 PM
    He should have been more concerned about his wife while he was bribing politician and he wouldn't be in jail right now
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 116569033 - wtvy.com/a?a=116569033