WTVY  | National  | News, Weather, Sports

N.H. Hotel Reopens After Gas Leak Sickens 11 People

PORTSMOUTH, N.H. (AP) - A New Hampshire hotel that was closed after a toxic-gas leak sickened 11 people so badly they had to be hospitalized says it will reopen Tuesday.

The problem at the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Portsmouth on
Monday morning was traced to a leaking vent in the basement boiler room.

The hotel says it had to close at 10 a.m. Monday after an exhaust vent malfunctioned and caused a buildup on the asement level of odorless and colorless carbon monoxide, which is created when gasoline, oil, wood or propane is burned.

Two hotel workers in a nearby laundry room and nine guests in
the pool area were hospitalized. All but one had been treated and
released by Monday afternoon.

Hotel spokesman Scott Tranchemontagne (TRENCH'-mahn-tayn) says the worker who remained hospitalized was improving.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 84438272