5 Teenagers Found Dead in South Florida Motel

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

HIALEAH, Fla. (AP) - Five teens have been found dead at a South Florida motel from what authorities believe was carbon monoxide poisoning.

A Hialeah fire spokesman says an employee from the Presidente Motel called 911 Monday after looking through a window and seeing several of the men unconscious.

When rescuers arrived, they confirmed that all five teens were deceased.

Police say the group had rented the room Sunday to celebrate one teen's 19th birthday. A car that had needed a jump-start earlier was left running in a closed garage underneath the room. A door leading to a staircase up to the room had been left open, and high levels of carbon monoxide were found inside.

Officials say no alcohol, illegal drugs or other suspicious items were found inside the room.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112532284 - wtvy.com/a?a=112532284
Gray Television, Inc.