- U.S. Representative Martha Roby spent the day in Pike County on Tuesday. She spoke with students at the Pike County High School, toured the Walmart Distribution Center in Brundidge and met with community members in Banks.
- For this installment of this day in history, we go back to the early days of the space program, as NASA worked to test the mercury spacecraft that would carry the first American into space.
- Many kids across the nation are now experimenting with a new and peculiar drug: Smarties. Authorities say that instead of eating the small candies, these kids are crushing and inhaling them.
- News 4 This Morning has previously featured cities, towns, and communities with unique names in the tri-states area of Alabama, Georgia, and Florida. Now, we're expanding to include the rest of the United States!
- Sochi residents and frequent visitors have no concern about a shortage of snow for the Winter Olympics in February.
And, the Olympic torch relay has just reached Volgograd where twin suicide bombings killed more than 30 people last month.
- It would be the first in a series of unmanned spacecraft from the Soviet Union, and later Russia, to resupply space stations in orbit. The first Progress spacecraft was launched on January 20th, 1978.