More International News
Unofficial Holiday of September 19th, 2014: International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- They’re a staple of movies, TV shows and other entertainment. They were the scourge of the high seas. They’re pirates, me mateys, and today’s the day to talk like ‘em!
NASA's Maven Spacecraft Reaches Mars This Weekend
- Mars is getting another visitor or two.
Tokyo Game Show Kicks Off!
- The Tokyo Game Show opened on Thursday showcasing the latest game titles and technology, focusing on mobile phone games and games created by the "indie" or the independent creators, who previously developed game programs for smartphones and tablet computers.
Tropical Update: September 17th, 2014
- The National Hurricane Center is tracking a trio of storms, two in the Pacific and one in the Atlantic.
Robotics Engineers in Spain Develop Flying Robot With Mechanical Arm
- Flying robots are, in most people's minds, the stuff of science fiction movies.
Unofficial Holiday of September 17th: International Country Music Day
- It's a day to celebrate a music of genre that's very popular in the Wiregrass.
Hurricane Odile Causes Damage After Baja California Landfall
- The Mexican government says its sending army and commercial planes to La Paz and Los Cabos airports to get tourists out after Hurricane Odile (oh-DEEL') left a trail of destruction through Mexico's Baja California Peninsula Monday
US Uses Big Third Quarter to Pull Away from Canada
- Nneka Ogwumike scored 10 points to lead a balanced offense and the U.S. women's basketball team used a big run in the third quarter to beat Canada 76-51 on Monday night in an exhibition game.
Hurricane Odile Makes Landfall on Mexico's Baja
- The powerful and sprawling Hurricane Odile has made landfall on the southern end of Mexico's Baja California peninsula.
USA Wins Basketball worlds, 129-92 Over Serbia
- Kyrie Irving made all six 3-pointers and scored 26 points, and the U.S. repeated as world champion for the first time by crushing Serbia 129-92 on Sunday in the Basketball World Cup.
More More International News