More International News
Argentina Launches its First Home-Built Satellite
- Argentina has launched its first domestically built communications satellite.
Category 4 Hurricane Gonzalo Aims for Bermuda
- Forecasters say Hurricane Gonzalo has strengthened overnight and is again a dangerous Category 4 storm as it barrels toward the small British island territory of Bermuda.
Hurricane Gonzalo Becomes Major Storm, Aims for Bermuda
- Forecasters say Gonzalo has blown into a major hurricane in the Caribbean, churning up heavy surf as it approaches Bermuda.
Women in Germany Take Up Mermaiding, Complete With Competitions
- Half woman, half fish - it's the stuff of dreams for many little and big girls, inspired by the tale of “Little Mermaid” from Hans Christian Andersen or Ariel in the Disney film. And in Germany, more and more girls and women are able to fulfill this fantasy.
Rare Spring Snow Falls in Parts of Australia
- Rare, early-season snow fell in parts of Australia!
Japanese Train Powered by Common D-Type Batteries
- Japan's Panasonic has debuted the world's first life-size train that runs on batteries.
Hurricane Gonzalo Strengthens North of Puerto Rico; Fay Brushes Bermuda
- Forecasters say Hurricane Gonzalo is expected to become a major hurricane in coming hours as it continues to strengthen over the open Atlantic north of Puerto.
Former Typhoon Makes Landfall in Japan; Now a Weakening Tropical Storm
- A powerful storm made landfall on the Japanese island of Kyushu on Monday morning after battering the southern island of Okinawa.
Tropical Storm Gonzalo Bears the Leeward Islands; Fay Out to Sea
- Forecasters say Tropical Storm Gonzalo has gained strength as it nears the Leeward Islands, taking aim at the eastern rim of the Caribbean. Over the weekend, another storm, Tropical Storm Fay knocked out power to thousands in Bermuda before moving out over open ocean.
This Day in History - October 10th
- Here's a brief look back at some events that you might not be aware occurred on October 10th throughout history.
More More International News