Florida Woman Paying for Joran Van Der Sloot's Defense

By: CBS
By: CBS

A Florida woman has become the unlikely protector of Joran Van Der Sloot.

He's the man accused in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. He's set to stand trial for the murder of Peruvian woman.

Mary Hamer says she believes Van Der Sloot is innocent.

Van Der Sloot confessed to the murder of Stephany Flores, but Hamer says he's simply the victim of a conspiracy.

"My heart and soul says that Mr. Van Der Sloot is a victim of a major international conspiracy by not only governments , the U.S. and Peru and Chile governments, but also of wealthy powerful, military connected U.S. citizens."

Van Der Sloot will go on trial for the murder of Flores this Friday.

Hamer is helping to pay his legal fees. She's already paid more than $20,000 for his defense and says she plans to be in Peru for his trial.

• by Scott Location: Dothan on Jan 12, 2012 at 07:38 AM
    This is without a doubt the most unimformed (trying to keep it clean) person on planet earth. He admitted that he was guilty of murdering a girl in Peru lady!!!! Truly amazing.
  • by Joseph Location: Georgia on Jan 11, 2012 at 08:40 AM
    Mary, I agree with you. It is a conspiracy. Somehow we have to prove it. I think I can, but I'm short on cash right now. If only there was a way that I could get a hold of a few dollars I might be able to help. Please, if you can think of anything, get in touch with me as soon as you can. This is important!
  • by Pinky Location: Panama City on Jan 8, 2012 at 11:23 AM
    This lady has to be completely nut's.He is a spoiled brat that has never paid for his action's.Her family need's to have her committed.
  • by Beatrice Location: alabama on Jan 8, 2012 at 02:44 AM
    All I can say is get the woman some help. She really needs it. She must be so lonely.
      by Anonymous on Jan 15, 2012 at 06:56 PM in reply to Beatrice
      Ahhh, Van Der Sloots a man, and the lady thats paying for his defense is actually buying him. If he don't kill her she'll have herself a man.
  • by Howard Location: Florida on Jan 5, 2012 at 03:53 AM
    This lady is a space cadet .... You can tell by her interview. She needs psychological intervention. She obviously believes in alien abductions as well.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 4, 2012 at 07:26 PM
    Oh yeah, and if he is guilty and he is able to get his freedom, you may be his next victim.If he was not guilty he wouldn't be saying he sold Natalee. He'd be yelling out that he had nothing to do with her disappearence.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136708118 - wtvy.com/a?a=136708118