More International News
Bye, Bye Pope Hat!
- As he was deplaning in Ecuador, Pope Francis lost his hat.
U.S. Captures Women's World Cup Title in 5-2 Rout of Japan
- Team USA sits atop the women's soccer world after the Americans' third World Cup crown, but first since 1999.
Russian Craft Delivers Long-Awaited Cargo to Space Station
- An unmanned Russian cargo ship has docked successfully at the International Space Station, where it was anxiously awaited by the U.S.-Russian crew after the successive failures of two previous supply missions.
Amateur-Built Observatory Offers Window to the Stars
- An amateur observatory - built from junkyard scraps in central Spain - is helping international researchers learn more about our solar system, even attracting the attention of NASA.
Emotion-reading Droid Wows Visitors to Lyon Robotics Event
- Aldebaran's latest creation - named 'Pepper' - is a robot designed to live with human beings.
Lifelike Humanoid Robot in China!
- The humanoid robot, Android, developed by Japanese university researchers and produced by a Chinese company, was unveiled in Shanghai on Wednesday.
Unmanned Progress 60 Spacecraft Blasts Off to Space Station
- Recovering from an April failure, Russia successfully launched a Progress cargo ship early Friday loaded with more than three tons of supplies and equipment needed to replenish stockpiles aboard the International Space Station.
Celebrating The Leap Second in Japan!
- A crowd of about a thousand people gathered in the rain to witness the leap second added to world clocks.
July 1st is Canada Day!
- While the US Independence Day is still days away, July 1st marks a milestone for our neighbor to the north.
Mexico: I Now Pronounce You Man...And Croc!
- A local mayor in Mexico married an alligator 'bride' on Tuesday, as part of a traditional ceremony to bring good fortune to the fishing community of San Pedro Huamelula.
More More International News