Some Wiregrass organizations received some good news on Thursday evening.
Over $25,000 in grants was divided between 20 organizations from the Southeast Alabama Community Foundation.
The grant money comes from the foundation's annual fundraisers like the half-marathon and 5K.
The organizations were told they were getting grant money through an invitation, but the actual amount was left a surprise until tonight.
Grants ranged in prices from 500 dollars to two thousand dollars.
Below is a list of organizations that received funding.
1. Alabama Lifespan Respite Resource Network
2. Alabama Shakespeare Festival•
3. Alzheimer's Resource Center
4. Boys and Girls Club of Southeast Alabama
5. Catholic Social Services of Dothan
6. Cultural Arts Center
7. The Exchange Center for Child Abuse Prevention
8. Family Services Center of Coffee County•
9. Girls Incorporated of Dothan
10. Herring Houses
11. Inn Zion, Inc•
12. Living Hope Community Outreach Center•
13. The Ordinary People Society•
14. Save A Pet•
15. Southeast Alabama Child Advocacy Center
16. Wiregrass Angel House
17. Wiregrass Hope Group
18. Wiregrass Museum of Art
19. Wiregrass Spay/Neuter Alliance
20. Wiregrass United Way 2-1-1, Southeast Alabama, Inc
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.