Enterprise Burn Victim Recovering

The quick actions of Enterprise firefighters were credited with saving the life of Voncille Wilkerson earlier this year.

The 79-year-old resident was living at her daughter's Quida Street home.

It's believed an electrical short circuit caused the January blaze.

Mrs. Wilkerson was life-flighted to the U.A.B. burn unit in Birmingham suffering burns and smoke inhalation.

Doctors say the elderly woman has made a remarkable recovery.

Mrs. Wilkerson's ten children put on a party in her honor.

"I looked down the hall, I saw smoke. I was going to go out the window, but there was too much smoke and I blacked out, I don't remember nothing else," says Wilkerson.

At this time, construction crews are working to restore the house following the January fire.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 7501702 - wtvy.com/a?a=7501702
Gray Television, Inc.