A duplex caught fire Monday morning in Midland City.
Police Chief Dexter Hammond says he noticed smoking coming from a duplex on Midland-Michigan Road.
He called the fire department, and they were on the scene by about 7:50 and quickly put out the fire.
There was no one home at the time of the fire and officials believe the fire was started by a candle, left burning.
All personal belongings were destroyed.
After the fire department put out the fire the first time, it started back up again in the roof and they quickly put that out.
The fire is still under investigation by the Midland City Volunteer Fire Department.