WTVY  | Dothan, AL  | News, Weather, Sports

Officials Say Kerosene Heater Started Early Morning Blaze

Officials are blaming the cold weather for a pre-dawn house fire in Slocomb.

Eddie Keith Junior was asleep in the bedroom of a century-old home he was renting on North Dalton Street.

Just after 2AM Thursday morning, neighbors reported flames coming from the three-bedroom, wooden structure.

Keith was able to escape through the backdoor of the home, but he was burned on his arms and hands.

Officials say it appears he had a kerosene heater next to his bed.

Keith is reportedly in good condition after being flown to the UAB Burn Center in Birmingham.


WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 5855091