The Dothan Fire Department was dispatched to a home on Cordova Drive Tuesday night.
Upon arrival they found the kitchen fully engulfed in flames.
The homeowner Melissa Smith says she was heating up grease to fry chicken and the fire got out of control.
The kitchen has to be fully remolded and all of the furniture in the home has to be replaced because of smoke damage.
“I feel displaced, but I'm thankful my family, my pets are fine and the only things ruined are material,” said Smith.
You can drop off clothing, furniture or money donations for Melissa and her family to the Dothan Motor Company sales lot on Reeves Street.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.