ANDALUSIA, Ala. (AP) - A mobile home fire claimed the life of an
Andalusia man Tuesday morning.
Covington County sheriff's investigators identified the victim as 52-year-old James "Stevie" Johnson. Authorities said the fire was reported shortly before 7 am and by the time firefighters arrived, the residence was engulfed in flames.
The sheriff's office said a preliminary inquiry determined the blaze may have been started by overturned space heater.
The investigation was turned over to the state Fire Marshal's office.
(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)