Work has officially begun to return a piece of history to the old Houston County Courthouse.
A bell-tower is being erected in front of the building.
The original bell hung in the courthouse from 1903 until the structure was demolished and replaced in the early 1960's.
After that, the bell was purchased by Dewey Enfinger and hung in a frame at his business on old Webb Road.
The Emfinger family will retain possession, but has agreed to let the county maintain and display the bell at the courthouse.
A dedication ceremony is planned for December 12th.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.