Hartford House Fire

An elderly Geneva County man is without a roof over his head following a weekend blaze which destroyed his Hartford home.

Ervin Pouncey says he was running errands when he received a call that his Sixth Avenue home was engulfed in flames.

Officials believe a space heater started the fire. Fortunately, no one was injured.

The 70-year-old victim says it's terrible to see all your possessions go up in smoke.

Pouncey is living with his sister. He hopes to clear the rubble and put a mobile home at the same location.

WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 4578297 - wtvy.com/a?a=4578297
Gray Television, Inc.