Fire Sprinkler Saved Local Business

A Dothan business is still in operation after a fire that could potentially have destroyed the building.

Dothan Fire Marshals say the fire occurred at Chinese Buffet around 5:30 on the morning of June 28.

A sprinkler head was activated that put out the fire.

Asst. Fire Marshall Chris Etheredge said, “Sprinkler systems are not just for businesses. They can be for residential areas. Sprinkler System workers say at construction they can cost less that two dollars a square foot. In comparison, it’s a small price in comparison to what it is protecting 24 hours a day, seven days a week.”

After inspecting the area, the fire department says if the restaurant did not have sprinkler heads, more than 9-million dollars worth of damage could have resulted.


WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 3297781 - wtvy.com/a?a=3297781