A hazardous materials team was called to the Houston County jail in Dothan Thursday morning.
Officials with the Dothan Fire Department were conducting an air quality check inside the building following complaints about ammonia fumes from a nearby fertilizer plant.
Officials say near-unacceptable levels of carbon monoxide were detected in the kitchen area, and the hazardous materials unit was called in.
The team checked out the situation and found a faulty ventilation fan over a stove.
Sheriff Lamar Glover said the fan was repaired to correct the problem.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.